Monday, December 6, 2010

Dream maker not Dreamcatcher


To the native Indians, a dreamcatcher is an object that you put on top of your bed and filters your dreams, it only let the “good” ones through, keeping all the ”bad “ ones away, trapped in its net. If you ask me, this is just lovely, to always have only good, happy, sweet, colorful dreams! Why aren’t I going crazy to get one of these things right now? I don’t know about you, but my dreams are quite bizarre sometimes, Alice in wonderland type of dreams on occasions. There are times when I wish I was Cobb (Leo DiCaprio in Inception) and build my dreams exactly how I want them and control every single thing in them. But even Cobb had trouble controlling his dreams, there was always something that would go terribly wrong that he couldn’t control.

“Real life” dreams are a lot like “unconscious” dreams. Some seem impossible to come true, others too good to be true, at times confusing, stressful, they produce anxiety and you find yourself sweating, your heart pounding, breathing heavily, crying, in so much fear, the only difference is that in one of these type of dreams you can wake up, from life you can’t, at least not yet.

I am surrounded by some serious dreamers, the kind that have risked everything and have given their all to make their dreams come true. Musicians, artists, business men and women, missionaries, professionals, pastors, adventurers, world changers. All these people that I love and admire, that inspire me. And then, there’s that bunch that share their dreams with me every day, visionaries, idealists. When a visionary sits down with the “living his dream” dude, he understands that in order to make his crazy idea come true, he’s gonna have to go through a lot of good and bad moments, sweet and bitter times, glorious and hopeless days.

Why should I keep dreaming when it’s so hard to make it happen? I know someone that understands a big deal about good and bad, that knows a whole lot about dreams and that realizes that for me to live my dream I might have to hurt and suffer some and maybe wait for a long time. He wants me to understand He is no dreamcatcher, bad stuff will happen and I will have to deal with it, but He wants to assure me He is a DREAM MAKER, He knows the deepest desires of my heart, the things I love, and He has given me dreams to honor these things.

I have a dream, more than one, God has all the levels already built, He’s the real “Cobb”, only He really is in total control. I am still in level one of my dream, and my dream maker is putting everything together little by little. Come on visionary, “living his dream” dude, give your dream to this guy I know…

“God can do anything, you know –far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us his spirit deeply and gently within us” Ephesians 3.20


Hacedor de Sueños, no Atrapasueños

Para los indigenas americanos, un atrapasueños es un objeto que se coloca sobre la cama y filtra los sueños, solamente permite pasar los sueños “buenos”, mantiendo los “malos” atrapados en su red. Si me preguntan, ¡esto es maravilloso! Sólo tener sueños buenos, felices, a colores, dulces! ¿Por qué no me estoy volviendo loca para tener uno de esos? No se ustedes, pero mis sueños son aveces muy bizarros, como Alicia en el país de las maravillas en ocasiones. Hay momentos donde qusiera ser Cobb (Leo DiCaprio en Inception) y construir mis sueños exactamente como yo quiero, y controlar cada detalle. Pero hasta Cobb tenía problemas controlando sus sueños, siempre había algo que salía terribemente mal que él no podia controlar.

Los suenos de la “vida real” se parecen a los sueños “inconscientes”. Algunos parecen imposibles de convertirse en realidad, otros son muy buenos para ser verdad, confusos, estresantes, producen ansiedad y de repente nos encontramos sudando, el corazón latiendo rapidamente, respirando fuerte, llorando y con mucho temor, la única diferencia es que de uno de estos dos tipos de sueños nos podemos despertar, de la vida no podemos despertar, al menos no todavía.

Estoy rodeada de soñadores, del tipo que han arriesgado todo y han entregado todo de sí para realizar sus sueños. Músicos, artistas, hombres y mujeres de negocios, misioneros, profesionales, pastores, aventureros, los que quieren cambian al mundo. Amo y admiro a todas estas personas, me inspiran. Luego está ese grupo que comparten sus sueños conmigo cada día, visionarios, idealistas. Cuando un visionario se sienta con “el tipo que esta viviendo su sueño”, entiende que para convertir sus locas ideas en realidad, va a tener que pasar por muchas cosas, buenos y malos momentos, tiempos dulces y amargos, días gloriosos y otros sin esperanza.

¿Por qué seguir soñando cuando es tan dificil que las cosas se conviertan en realidad? Yo conozco a alguien que sabe mucho de bueno y malo, que conoce de sueños y entiende que para que pueda vivir mi sueño, quizá voy a tener que sufrir un poco, y talvez tenga que esperar por mucho tiempo. Quiere hacerme entender que Él no es un atrapasueños, cosas malas van a pasar y voy a tener que enfrentarlas, pero quiere asegurarme que es un HACEDOR de SUEÑOS, Él conoce los deseos más profundos de mi corazón, las cosas que amo,Él me ha dado sueños para honrar estas cosas.

Tengo un sueño, mas de uno, Dios ya tiene todos los niveles construidos, ÉL es el verdadero” Cobb”, pero Él si tiene el control total. Todavía estoy en el primer nivel de mi sueño, y mi hacedor de sueños esta juntando todo poco a poco. Asi que al visionario, al “tipo que está viviendo su sueño”, dale tu sueños a este hombre que conozco…



“Dios tiene poder para hacer más de lo que pedimos, ni siquiera podemos imaginarnos lo que Dios puede hacer con su poder” Efesios 3.20 

1 comment:

  1. Dulce, are back on the Mercy Ship? We were sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Joe and I enjoyed skyping with Carla but sorry that we missed you. We are praying that you all have a blessed Christmas with your families and friends and know that your friends in Alabama are thinking about you and praying for you.
    We enjoy experiencing some of your work through your blogs. Thanks, Sharon and Joe

    ReplyDelete