Saturday, November 27, 2010

SAFE/ SEGURA


SAFE

Grandma and her grandkids
Assuming everyone knew, I never gave a proper update of these past two months. My apologies! On my last blog I shared about my grandma being sick. What I didn’t mention was that while writing I was getting ready to come back home to be with my family during this difficult time. I also didn’t tell you that when I left South Africa and arrived in London 12 hours later, I found out my grandma had died. I didn’t 
make on time for the funeral or anything. Finally made it home after 3 long days of    travelling and found comfort in my family.


Everyone has a different ways to deal with loss. Mine has been “HOME” and everything that it involves. Mom, Itzel, Danny, Julio, Hershey’s, my grandma’s pic on the coffee table, my family in Zambrano (where grandma lived) my friends, phone calls, the late nights, the laughter, the quiet moments, the time they give me. I miss my grandma and I am very sad that I didn’t get to say goodbye and kiss her, and the fact that I won’t get to ear her “tamales” again or watch her play guitar and whistle instead of singing, I am sad I didn’t cry with my mom. I am a lot like her my mom says, in many ways, and for that and many more reasons she will always be in my heart. Too bad I didn’t give her any great grandkids; I owe you that one Abuela…
 
Home ,today, feels like the hand of God. A safe, sweet, familiar, cozy, loving place. Where everything seems to work together without much effort, where I am loved beyond what I deserve or what I understand.

I will be home for a bit more, I promise to keep you updated. Thanks to your faithful support I am able to be here with my people and for that I will forever be grateful. I wish I could do more and give you more than just my words. I love y’all! May the Ever Gracious, Amazing God we serve bless you beyond your wildest dreams!


SEGURA

Mi abuela y sus nietos
Asumiendo que todos sabían, nunca comuniqué apropiadamente lo que ha estado pasando estos meses pasados. ¡Mis disculpas! En mi ultimo blog compartí que mi abuela estaba enferma. Lo que no mencione es que mientras escribía me preparaba para regresar a casa para estar con mi familia durante este tiempo tan dificil. Tampoco les conté que cuando salí de Sud Africa y llegué a Londres después de 12 horas de viaje, me di cuenta que mi abuela había muerto. No llegué a tiempo para e velorio ni para el funeral. Finalmente, luego de 3 largos dias de viaje, llegué a casa a encontrar consuelo en mi familia.


Cada uno tiene maneras diferentes de lidiar con el dolor. La mía ha sido “CASA” y todo lo que eso envuelve. Mi mami, Itzel, Danny, Julio, Hershey’s, la foto de mi abuela en la mesita de la sala, mi familia en Zambrano, mis amigos, las llamadas, las largas noches, la risa, los momentos de silencio, el tiempo que me dan. Extraño a mi abuela, y me siento muy triste que no pude despedirme y darle un beso, y el hecho que no volveré a comer sus tamales o verla tocar guitarra y silbar en vez de cantar, me siento triste porque no pude llorar con mi mama. Me parezco a ella en muchas cosas dice mi mami, y por eso y muchas razones más, ella siempre estará en mi corazón. Que mal que nunca le dí bisnietos; se los debo Abuela…

Casa, hoy, se siente como la mano de Dios. Un lugar seguro, dulce, familiar, cómodo, amoroso. Donde todo parecer funcionar bien sin mucho esfuerzo, donde soy amada más allá de lo que merezco o de lo que puedo comprender.

Me quedaré en casa un poco más de tiempo, les prometo mantenerlos informados. Gracias a su fiel apoyo puedo estar aquí con mi gente y por eso les estaré eternamente agradecida. Desearía poder hacer más, darles más que solo mis palabras. ¡Les amo! ¡Que el incredible Dios de Gracia que servimos les bendiga más allá de lo que puedan sonar!

10 comments:

  1. Dulce! Your awesome. I bet your grandma was sooo stinkin amazed by you! I mean i only knew you like 3 weeks, and you have a special place in my heart!!!
    Have an amazing holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you, so sorry about your grandma. Will be praying for you. Jim Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dulce, sorry about the loss of your grandmother. Praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing blog du! and sorry 4 ur grandma, te kiero!
    PACH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Las fuerzas que se asocian para el bien, no se suman, se multiplican.Dios te bendiga Dulce!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cunto lamento tu perdida Dulce! espero que Dios te la fuerza suficiente para continuar con tu gran labor e nel Mercy. Solo te puedo decir que tienes un angel mas que te resguardara de todo mal.

    Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our dear precious Dulce, We are so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing into the arms of Jesus and know that all of you are missing her terribly during this Christmas season. PTL you have such awesome memories and that is something not everyone has about their loved ones. We are sooooooooooooooo proud of you, Dulce, and pray God's most for you. God bless, Jim & Georgia

    ReplyDelete