Sunday, September 25, 2011

You Feel Like Home


For the past two years I have been on an incredibly exciting journey. Life stopped being “normal” to me and all sorts of crazy things stating happening. How I have been able to cope with all of it, is beyond me, but this rollercoaster,  that I’m still on, has taken me to places I’ve never been, in the literal and figurative sense.

When I first got to the ship I remember having a hard time accepting where I was and certainly I couldn’t call that place home. Today, I have reached the acceptance stage, but I realized that the big white box was not really my home, but the people in it… they have been home to me. They have given me this comfort that I have needed to survive this place and to survive myself. Incredible people, brave and not so brave sometimes. Sometimes strong, other times not so much, smart, and other times… smarter J. But they’re best quality is the way they love, the way they’ve loved me.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  You have been there through it all, today I just want to thank you family… for rescuing me….




Estos dos años han sido un viaje increiblemente emocionante. La vida dejó de ser “normal” para mi y muchas locuras comenzaron a pasar. Como he podido manejar todo, no tengo idea, pero esta montaña rusa en la cual todavía sigo, me ha llevado a lugares que nunca había ido, en el sentido literal y figurative.

Cuando llegue al barco recuerdo que teniá dificultad en aceptar ese ligar y definitivamente no podia llamarlo  hogar. Hoy, he alcanzado la etapa de aceptación, pero me di cuenta que esta gran caja Blanca no es mi hogar, pero la gente que está en ella… elos han sido mi hogar. Me han dado el comfort que he necesitado para sobrevivir este lugar, para sobrevivir a mi misma. Personas increíbles, valientes y veces no tan valientes. A veces Fuertes, otras veces no tanto, inteligentes y a veces… muy inteligentes J. Pero su major cualidad es su manera de amar, la forma en como me han amado. Lo bueno, lo malo y lo feo. Ustedes han estado ahí, hoy solo quiero agradecerles familia… por rescatarme…





5 comments:

  1. not to be bragadocious by any means. But I'm happy to document your life while living in West Africa. Pictures say a lottttttttttt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Dulce,
    I love you so much and it's so true what you just said... it's not the place but the people. Which I think is why people who have been before have a hard time finding footign again when they get back- like I did- until they finally find 'home' again;) I think we should hang out a little bit before you leave....because I want to see more of you;) <3 i don't have enough dulce in my life... at all...

    <3 M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for loving back in the good, bad, and uglist times. I love you, Sister! I couldn't have done it without you by my side. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey dulce, you did a good job back there. Thanks to the Africa Mercy Ship. It Ibrahim Bahsoon.

    ReplyDelete